DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL MUSEUM AND MONUMENTS
IPELEGENG PROJECT VACANCY
Vacancy: Temporary Field Assistants-Ntsweng Heritage Site
Kweneng District (2)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified citizens for the above posts at Ntsweng (Molepolole) in the Department of National Museum and Monuments, Ministry of Environment, Wildlife and Tourism.
Salary Scale: B5 (P32 592.00 per annum, P2716.00 per month)
Leave: 20 working days per annum
Minimum Qualifications: COSC/BGCSE
Contract: Temporary Employment
Main purpose of the job:
Compliments of the New Year to all Jobs Botswana Subscribers.
Get your CV and Cover letter done for P100.
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
Under the supervision of the Monuments Development Officer, the Field Assistant will guide and direct visitors to the site(s) and participate on the site conservation and management, to keep records of the site components and collections database, to raise awareness of the site and ensure general site maintenance in partnership with local communities.
Duties: Under the supervision of the Monuments Development Officer, the Temporary Field custodian shall:
1. Participates in the general archaeological research programmes of the Department through surveying for monuments and making surface collections.
2. Makes oral interviews about the location and significance of places of historic/archaeological or local interest.
3. Accompanies visiting researchers, assists in and learns about their work, and helps them when questioning people about their heritage sites.
4. Helps in the development of archaeological displays and articles both for the National Museum and other relevant institutions, and assists members of the public with archaeological inquiries.
5. Helps in the care and development of monuments for public use.
6. Guides members of the public/tourists around the monument.
7. Records visitor statistics and writes monthly reports.
8. Supervise 100 Monument Ipelegeng projects.
9. Ensure that the site is clean and presentable for public enjoyment.
10. Assist with collection of revenue at heritage sites.
11. Ensure that established campsite(s) is/are functional and tidy at all times.
12. Do any other duties that may be determined by site management authorities.
Applicants should give the following details:
a) Full name, address, contacts, date and place of birth.
b) Certified copies of certificates, references and Omang.
c) Preference will be given to residents of Molepolole village.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Applications should be addressed to:
Botswana National Museum and Monuments
Please note that applications should be submitted at the Kgosi Sechele 1 Museum (and not posted) where you will also write your name, ID no, date of submission and sign in the sheet provided.
Mrs. Gladys Siphambe: 3610464
Mr. Lebonetse Mathe: 3610409/71479756
Closing date: 09/09/2019
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone for interviews. Those who do not meet the requirements will not be responded to.