VACANCY – TRANSPORT SUPERINTENDENT- D3 TENABLE AT DEPARTMENT OF CORPORATE SERVICES
The Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources Conservation and Tourism’s overall goal is to develop and implement policies, strategies and programmes to provide leadership and professional guidance on all matters pertaining to the conservation and management of the country’s environment and its natural resources for sustainable development and tourism.
A talented, experienced, proactive, innovative, and self-driven citizen of Botswana is sought to fill the above-mentioned position in the Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources Conservation and Tourism – Department of Corporate Services – Gaborone.
Vacancy Circular No 6 of 2019
REF: ENT 4/26/11 III
Salary Scale: D3 (P260, 208 – P235, 692 per annum)
i) Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and Employee pays 50%).
ii) Contributory Pension Scheme for Permanent and Pensionable staff (Government pays 15% and Employee pays 5%).
Leave: 30 working days per annum.
Diploma in Transport/ Transport Economics/Relevant Legal discipline/Adult Education/Motor Vehicle Engineering/DABS, Technician Diploma in Motor Vehicle systems(Auto mechanics) or any relevant qualification.
A minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience of which two (2) years must have been served at D4 as Chief Transport Officer.
Main Purpose of the Job
To coordinate transport activities and operations at ministerial level.
• Attend to customer queries and enquiries.
• Coordinate fleet management seminars/Workshops.
• Coordinate transport for conferences and national events.
• Validate payments in Government Accounting Budget Systems.
• Coordinate training of pool officers, driver trainers and inspectorate officers.
• Coordinate replacement of boarded pool vehicles.
• Coordinate optimal fleet utilization of pool vehicles.
• Consolidates reports (fuel consumption, vehicle status, vehicle utilisation, surcharge and inspections) and interpret them for planning and decision-making.
• Provides professional and technical advice to the ministry
• Recommend refresher courses and conferences.
• Monitors the implementation of policies, standards and guidelines
• Prepares recurrent budget for the division
• Ensures prudent usage of resources
• Supervises subordinates and observe performance on the job.
• Undertakes any other duties as assigned by Management.
• Customer Focus
• Action Oriented
• Drive for Results
• Learning on the fly
• Time Managing
• Written Communication
• Integrity and Trust
• Interpersonal savvy
Applicants should quote the reference and vacancy circular number and provide the following:
a. Full name, address and date of birth
b. Qualifications supported by certified copies of certificates, Omang and references.
c. Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Virtue)
d. Your application should entail:
• Date of first appointment
• Present post and date of appointment thereto
• Present salary scale, (Non- Government employees attach a copy of latest pay slip).
All applications from serving public officers should be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements stipulated above will not be responded to.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources Conservation and Tourism
Private Bag BO 199
Closing Date: 24 May 2019
For further information required please contact: Human Resources at Telephone No. 3647938/3647951