- Develops, designs, and coordinates the implementation of the Wellness and HIV/AIDS programs in line with the Corporation policy.
- Creates structures to facilitate the smooth implementation of wellness programmes through the development of linkages between divisions, worksites and service centres for service delivery.
- Analyses internal demographical data and initiates (health) risk assessment to assist in decision-making.
- Monitors and identifies sources for technical support for capacity building and training of the technical personnel and peer educators.
- Develops and ensures the maintenance of a Wellness (incl. HIV/AIDS) Information Management System database to measure and monitor effectiveness of wellness programmes.
- Integrates appropriate wellness programmes into the operations of the Corporation and provides technical leadership to senior management on wellness matters (including HIV/ AIDS.)
Mobilises and deploys human and capital resources and budget for same for the implementation of wellness programmes. (Incl HIV).Coordinates the implementation of the company’s health benefit schemes in line with the Corporation policy.
- Managing the general operational/Admin aspects of the HR function in partnership with Specialists and the Relationship Managers in delivering a comprehensive and efficient HR service to the business.
- Ensure Maintenance of a healthy business environment through strict Compliance with Local Regulatory Authorities.
- Assist GMHR to develop and monitor the HR Budget as well as monitor Staff Costs Budget.
- Ensure the necessary management information required is provided to the business departments as and when needed. E.g. turnover, overtime trends, headcount analysis etc
- Ensure efficient management of the HR Modules SAP including all staff files and ensure compliance with BPC records management policy.
- Manage the review and implementation of HR Process Operating Instructions.
- Supervision of BPC HR Wellness and Admin team
- Fulfil the role of Risk Control Owner in relation to HR Risk. Ensure that HR risks remain within acceptable levels by identifying material risks, maintaining an effective control environment
- To manage, highlight and mitigate operational risk issues in HR.
- Escalate operational risks as necessary to GMHR.
- Co-ordinate for the HR department and provide support to regulatory and internal Audits.
- Ensures that all safety and loss control standards (Safety Health and Environmental) contained in the Corporation’s standards are adhered to.
- Undertake such other related duties as directed by the supervisor.
Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources Management or related field.
Seven (7) years generalist HR experience
Of the above, at least three (3) years must be at middle to senior management level
- Risk management
- Health Risk Assessment and Management
- Training Delivery
- Research Skills
- Records Management
- Policy Development and Review
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Planning and Organisation Skills
- Decision Making
- Change Management
- Financial Acumen
- Visionary Leadership
- Creativity and Innovation
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Leadership and Motivation
Uncontrollable HIV/AIDS prevalence rate amongst staff (issue of changing attitudes)
Meeting the stakeholder expectations
Provision of accurate and reliable HR information to enable proper decision making
Effective management of employee data