Repairs and Maintenance Officer
Purpose of the job
The Maintenance Officer is responsible for coordinating repairs and maintenance and servicing of fixtures and fittings, equipment and motorcycles across our company owned stores.
Responsible for ensuring that all equipment is operational 24/7/365.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct routine checks on all equipment, smalls, furniture, fixtures and fittings. Establish required maintenance and/or repairs requirements.
- Obtain quotations for repairs, maintenance and servicing.
- Establish best price versus quality & efficiency and present Purchase Orders for work required for approval.
- Liaise with service vendors and coordinate repairs and maintenance activities.
- Monitoring all work performed by outside contractors and ensuring that jobs are properly completed within a reasonable amount of time.
- Maintain records of all equipment faults, servicing, repairs and maintenance needs and action taken.
- Develop and execute a preventative maintenance and service schedule for all equipment.
- Provide monthly status reports to management.
- Conduct minor repairs and maintenance as required.
- Improve and implement company policies and procedures regarding repairs and maintenance and servicing requirements.
- Coordinate the movement of equipment to and from suppliers and service vendors, both locally and cross border (South Africa).
- Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers as directed.
- Coordination of the activities of fleet supervisors; maintaining accurate and detailed time schedules of fleet supervisor’s daily movements and activities. Submitted to the General Manager every Monday.
- Maintaining an accurate, comprehensive and current fleet status report published weekly, by the due date as required.
- Ensuring that deadlines are met with regards to:
- the addition of new vehicles to the fleet,
- repairs and maintenance of vehicles
- Attending and contributing positively to weekly fleet status meetings. Provide accurate feedback in support of all reports submitted.
- Maintain an accurate asset register.
Candidates should possess the following skills;
- Minimum Qualification: BGCSE/Form 5/Matric or higher
- Proven experience as a maintenance manager or other managerial role
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems advantageous
- Ability to keep track of and report back on maintenance activities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS office – word, excel, outlook
- Ability to pay attention to detail and work under pressure to high standards
- Must be available after hours and weekends as the business may require.
- Valid driver’s license.
A competitive package will be offered to suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
Applications close on 9 February 2018.