Orange invites candidates who wish to be part of a dynamic workforce to apply for the above position.
Reporting to the Orange Money Director, the successful candidate will provide Orange Money Management and Orange Botswana Executive Management with complete, transparent, dynamic risk analysis and risk mitigation using agreed action plans. In addition, the individual will serve as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer ensuring full compliance of the Orange Money service in relation to Compliance Standards.
The main duties include but are not limited to
- Responsible for establishing maintaining and implementing effective systems and controls for compliance with applicable requirements and standards under applicable regulatory frameworks, including the Orange Group Compliance Programme.
- Responsible for identifying and assessing the compliance risks associated with the current and proposed future business activities under Orange Money, including new products, new business relationships and any extension of operations or network on an international level.
- Advise Orange Money management and Orange Botswana Executive Management on the applicable laws, regulations, rules and standards; and inform them about any development in these areas.
- Maintain and/or establish written guidelines on the appropriate implementation of the regulation, rules and standards through policies and procedures (e.g. Compliance Manual); Maintain all compliance policies and supporting infrastructure.
- Assess the appropriateness of internal Orange Money policies, procedures and guidelines, ensure a follow-up of any identified deficiencies, make recommendations for amendments where necessary and supervise the implementation of corrective measures to mitigate the identified deficiencies.
- Monitor compliance with internal Orange Money policies, procedures and guidelines by performing regular and comprehensive compliance risk assessments and testing; report the results on a regular basis and promptly where deemed necessary to the Executive Management and/or Board.
- Act as a central point of contact for all information on Orange Money compliance-related issues (e.g. breach of regulation, non-respect of procedures, conflict of interest).
- Ensure all required reports are submitted promptly and accurately to the regulator and bank partners.
- Educate and train staff with respect to compliance with the applicable laws, rules and standards and act as advisor on compliance queries from staff members.
- Liaise with relevant external bodies and regulators on compliance matters.
- Manage all aspects of risk related to OM including implementation of processes, tool, and systems to identify, assess measure, manage and report risks to the Executive Management and/or Board as applicable.
- Responsible for challenging the business perception of risk.
- Provide oversight of compliance with the Financial Intelligence Agency (FIA) and Bank of Botswana on system rules and controls against money laundering; as well as for countering the risks related to furthering financial crime.
- Monitor the day-to-day operation of AML/CFT policies, and respond promptly to any reasonable request for information made by relevant financial authorities.
- Establish the basis on which a risk-based approach to the prevention of money laundering/terrorist financing is put into practice and review the approach on a regular basis.
- Ensure all AML reporting requirements within the required standards are met.
- Ensure that adequate arrangements are in place for the AML awareness and training of employees impacted by Orange Money.
- Analytical skills, independent and detail orientated.
- Organised, efficient and self-motivated.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to deal efficiently and effectively at all levels of the company.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Research & planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Business Management, Accounting, Insurance or related field and professional certification in relevant fields is an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience in risk and compliance fields and experience in mobile financial services is an added advantage
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to:
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 25th January 2018
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.