Company: Laurelton Diamonds Botswana
Reference # LCB-HRM
Salary 😛 40,000.00 – 55,000.00 Monthly
Location: Gaborone, South East, Botswana
Laurelton Diamonds Botswana, one of the countries’s leading diamond cutting and polishing factories and a subsidiary of Tiffany and Company, the world renowned jewellery retailer with more than 300 stores operated around the world has the position of Human Resources Manager based in Gaborone
The Human Resources Manager will lead in creating and administering processes to maximize the operational effectiveness and people strategies and ensures local and corporate requirements are adhered to.
CORE HUMAN RESOURCES
▪ Ensure human potential of the operation is managed within company values at the same time supporting the operational goals and local legal requirements. Areas to impact include: staffing/recruiting, employee relations, compensation & benefits, employee development and training, performance management, health and safety.
▪ Recruit local staff and provide counsel to hiring managers on job description development, selection criteria, sourcing and interviewing candidates.
▪ Monitor training programs and ensure correct procedures are put in place and followed to ensure trainees are progressing through diamond polishing training program. Put procedures in place to ensure underperforming trainees are addressed.
▪ Create and maintain local policy and procedure. Liaise with Corporate HR to ensure policies are consistent with Corporate Philosophy.
▪ Manage Employee Relations situations within Corporate parameters.
▪ Review and/or recommend salary changes within company parameters for new hire promotion, and transfer and equity/off cycle merit adjustments. Ensure VIP is accurately maintained.
▪ Liaise with service providers on pension, benefits and insurance and ensure educational programs are developed focusing on the health and safety of employees.
▪ Conduct Exit interviews and analyze data to determine trends.
▪ Track HR related activity and provide ad hoc reports/statistics to support departmental goals and initiatives.
▪ Conduct new hire orientation.
▪ Assist employees with Immigration issues and steer the work permit application process.
▪ Liaise with Finance Manager to administer payroll functions for local facility staff and maintain liaison with vendor to ensure any payroll issues are resolved.
▪ Track employee time – including working time and leave time. Follow-up and register sick leave, overtime, leave and lieu time accruals.
▪ Process new hire paperwork and create employee personnel files.
▪ Distribute payroll checks, benefit forms and general information.
▪ Liaise with service providers on pension, benefits and insurance.
▪ Perform general office duties.
▪ Create strategies to support the growth and business needs of factory and to enable a positive work environment.
▪ Identify training needs within factory; evaluate, plan and resource the appropriate training and education activities
▪ Consult with management on appropriate organization design and business plan and counsel factory management on policy, practice and procedures.
▪ Partner with business to ensure proper and consistent utilization of Performance Management Programs.
▪ Coach and counsel employees and management on employee relations and career development.
▪ Implement Corporate HR programs and customize as needed for local requirements.
LEAD AND COACH
▪ Act as a coach, mentor-motivator of his/her team.
▪ Coach and set plans to manage and improve performance.
▪ Communicate individual and team goals and values.
▪ Give clear assignment and follow up.
▪ Empower were appropriate.
ACTIVILEY SUPPORT OPERATION
▪ Assit with opening and closing the facility and safes.
▪ Perform general administrative duties, maintain and produce reports.
▪ Degree in Human Resources Management or relevant discipline ▪ 10 years working experience, 3 years or more managerial experience preferably in manufacturing oriented organisations
▪ Demonstrated knowledge of human resources disciplines.
Job Closing Date: 26/01/2018