Claims Supervisor – Reporting to the Claims Manager
- Investigating and processing claims so that the Company only compensates for what they are liable, and recover what is due (includes reinsurance).
- Providing daily support to the claims team on managing claims and filling activities.
- Ensuring that the Claims team are prudent in claims settlement and adherence to procedures.
- Review insurance/claim forms for accuracy & completeness.
- Ensuring adequate and/or accurate reserves on claims and on registration of claims.
- Representing the Company at pre-trial conferences and trial Court.
- Assist claim personnel in coverage investigation, liability analysis and settlement negotiation.
- Assist in hiring and training new candidates in their job responsibilities.
- Promptly negotiates settlements, making sure that the settlement reflects the actual claimant losses while also being certain that the insurer is protected from invalid claims.
- Risk evaluation or Assessment
- Excellent people management skills and must be able to sustain excellent business relationships.
- Negotiation skills
- A Business related degree with a recognised professional Insurance qualification such as AIISA & FIISA
- 6 to 7 years relevant work experience in a short-term Insurance market, 2 of those in a Supervisory role.
- Sound knowledge of regulatory requirements.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Interested applicants should email their applications coupled with a detailed CV and a motivation letter to; [email protected] on or before 22nd May 2019 @ 5PM.
Hard copies will not be accepted.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.