Mandate: Ministry of Health and Wellness exists to promote and provide integrated, holistic and sustainable preventative, curative, rehabilitative quality health service to the nation.
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 9 of 2019
VACANCY: DEPUTY DIRECTOR (HEALTH POLICY, PLANNING & FINANCING) – E2
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above position in the Ministry of Health and Wellness, tenable at Ministry of Health & Wellness, Headquarters.
SALARY: E2 (P373, 152 – P388, 236 per annum)
a) Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50%, Employee pays 50%).
b) A contract of 24-36 months with gratuity of 30% payable at the end of the contract.
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy/Health Policy/Planning/Economics/ Research/ Statistics/Demography.
EXPERIENCE: 14 years’ experience in the health system, 2 years of which must have been at management level.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To manage health policy and planning functions, as well as provide operational oversight on joint planning and financing strategy.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
1. Develops strategic plans for the Department of Health Policy Research & Development.
2. Collaborates with national, regional, and international stakeholders on policy and planning issues.
3. Provides advice to other ministries and the general public on policy priorities of the Ministry of Health and Wellness.
4. Advocates for health policy direction in the National Development Planning process.
5. Develops legislation, regulations, standards, and guidelines to support the health delivery system.
6. Manages the dissemination of health policies, plans, guidelines and strategies to relevant stakeholders.
7. Initiates development and review of evidence based policies, regulations, and plans guided by research findings.
8. Develops national health accounts and does costing, re-programming and evaluation of health programmes.
9. Mobilises resources for various health programmes from partners and other donors.
10. Conducts assessment of health expenditure in the country including the private sector, in order to help the decision making at national level.
11. Mobilises funds from local and international donors for the department.
12. Consolidates budget estimates for the Health Policy, Research and Development and manages utilization of funds in the department.
13. Undertakes any other related duties as may be assigned by Management.
1. Analytical and Strategic Thinking
2. Deciding and Initiating Action
3. Teamwork and Partnering
4. Communicating Effectively
5. Planning and Execution
6. Supervision and Accountability
7. Innovating and Driving Change
8. Delivering Quality Service
Quote the number of the Vacancy Circular and provide the following details:
a) Full name, address and place of birth.
b) Brief summary of up to date career duties (Curriculum Vitae).
c) Certified copies of certificates (Academic and Professional).
d) A minimum of two current references (not more than 6 months).
e) Certified copy of proof of Identity (Omang).
f) Date of first appointment.
g) Present post and date of appointment thereto.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Applications should be addressed to: -
MINISTRY OF HEALTH & WELLNESS
Hand delivered to:
Ministry of Health and Wellness Headquarters
Records Management Unit
IMPORTANT: All applications from serving Public Officers must be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Closing date: 30 July 2019, 1630hours. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For further information contact: Human Resource Management Unit on Tel: 3632856/2012