Job Title : : MANAGER – FINANCE AND TREASURY
Location : : Gaborone, South-East District, Botswana
Posted on : : Fri Feb 08, 2019
Apply before : : Sat Feb 23, 2019
Job Type : : Full-time
Experience required : : 6 years
Job category: : Accounting/Finance/Banking
Reporting to the Head- Finance, the Manager, Finance and Treasury will be responsible for planning, developing and managing the Bank’s finances and preparing accounting and financial reports to ensure the effective utilisation of the Bank’s assets and adherence to financial and budgetary systems and controls. The incumbent will also be responsible to drive and ensure that the Bank complies with the set critical ratios on Corporate Liquidity, Capital Adequacy, Risk Appetite etc, as well as leading in sourcing funds for the Bank.
- The position will be responsible for among other things the following:
- Monitoring the day-to-day financial operations of the Bank.
- Providing insightful financial information and expectations to Management to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Reviewing financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports.
- Preparing periodic forecasts and annual budget for the Bank.
- Establishing and maintaining financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Understanding and adhering to financial regulations and legislation.
- Forecasting cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and funds available for investment.
- Maintaining banking and credit rating agency relationships.
- Arranging for equity and debt financing for the Bank.
- Investing the Bank’s funds.
- Advising management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning.
- Maintaining a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities.
The right candidate will possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or professional qualification in Accountancy, Finance or related field coupled with an ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualification.
- At least Six (6) years’ relevant post-graduate experience a Financial Management environment.
- Membership of BICA is a requirement.
- Banking experience will be an added advantage.
- Team work
- Customer Orientation
- Results Focus
- Business Acumen
- Influence & Impact