Bummhi is a citizen led and governed non – governmental organization providing health systems strengthening services to the Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW). BUMMHI is an implementing partner of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), through which it provides PEPFAR – funded HIV care and treatment technical assistance to MOHW.
Bummhi is advertising positions for multi-disciplinary teams that will work towards strengthening the HIV care and treatment cascade. These teams will contribute to the attainment of UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals for the achievement HIV epidemic control in Botswana and be deployed in the following districts: Gaborone, Goodhope, Moshupa, Kanye, South East, Kweneng East, Kgatleng, Mahalapye, Palapye, Serowe, Francistown, and Tutume.
Position Title: Medical Officer (1 position)
Reports to: Technical Program Manager
The position holder will enhance capacity of clinical officers at facility level to improve care processes and systems for effective delivery of comprehensive HIV services, including strengthening care continuity systems essential for patient retention in care. The position holder will be expected to provide clinical care for inpatients and outpatients in support of HIV treatment initiations.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the implementation of facility level service delivery and improvement initiatives, including but not limited to, ensuring that linkage from community testing to facility treatment is seamless by fostering relations between the lay counsellors and case managers; integration of HIV care in general outpatient clinics; and facility reorientation of care to enable fast tracking of treatment initiation
- Ensure direct reports have monthly work plans that are implemented in accordance to programmatic priorities
- Foster good relations with district health authorities, facility staff, and other partners to facilitate work flow
- Provide consultation in general outpatient clinics
- Support district plans for development of networks connecting all levels of the health care system to ensure effective collaborative care and referrals
- Usinginformation generated by the program through site assessment and performance review to develop recommendations to the facility managers for resource re-allocation and/or prioritization
- Support health facility continuous quality improvement agenda
- Participate in training of nurses and other health professionals
- Drive the use of performance dashboard reviews
- Support sites to develop improvement plans as part of remediation action
- Ensure all relevant client details are updated and captured on facility electronic patient management records
- MD, MBBS, MBChB, with post graduate qualification in public health
- At least 3 years’ experience in providing HIV related services
- Knowledge or experience in social, behavioral change communication and implementation science
- Basic skills in Microsoft office applications
- JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
i. All applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected] indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
ii. Applications should include 2 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone number(s) and email address.
iii. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
iv. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job.
v. Job related qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
vi. All applicants should include daytime phone number contact information
vii. Deadline for application is Friday, September 25th, 2020, 13:00 Hours, Botswana Time. Applications will be considered on rolling basis until the position is filled.
viii. Bummhi is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other personal status.
ix. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.