Project Mechanical Engineer – Khoemacau Copper Mining
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- The Project Mechanical Engineer will provide technical advice and will co-ordinate projects
- from conception, to execution through to completion. This includes overseeing planning,
- reporting on progress, interpreting specifications and preparing technical proposals.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Providing technical support to the project team and maintenance teams;
- Overseeing the review, initiation and execution of contracts related to projects;
- Managing budgets and keeping costs down and overseeing the maintenance of projects after completion;
- Responsible for the completion of all documentation related to project evaluations, monthly reports and progress reviews;
- Participating in the evaluation of tenders and providing recommendations;
- Carrying out effective client liaison for all projects undertaken;
- Liaising with customers on a regular basis to ensure the successful project execution to agreed budgets and time frames;
- Ensuring that all engineering and project standards, processes and procedures are met and maintained by both contractors and employees;
- Resolving complex technical issues and coming up with fast efficient solutions;
- Provide leadership to the team, ensuring a working environment that is conducive to the achievement of discipline targets and where employees are able to reach their full potential; and
- Manages key effectiveness areas of subordinates by setting, monitoring and reviewing performance and taking remedial action as necessary;
- Enforcement of Company Health, Safety, Environment policies and procedures to ensure safe working environment;
- Manages statutory compliance for mechanical.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Project management qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in project execution in a mining environment;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a mining operating environment, underground and/or surface operations, is highly desirable.
- A strong track record in delivering projects on time and within budget;
- Registration with ERB;
- Ability to assess the financial feasibility and impact of proposed budget items and also alternatives;
- Advanced skills in project management principles.
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding engineering environment; and
- Must be in possession of a valid Class B Driver’s License.