BE THE SHIELD OF THE NATION
INVITATION TO JOIN THE BOTSWANA DEFENCE FORCE
LIMITED VACANCIES FOR SPECIAL ENTRANT OFFICER CADETS
Potential Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree from recognised institutions/universities in the following professions:
- Medical Officers, Veterinary Officers, Clinical Psychologists, Bio-medical Engineers, Radiographers, and Specialist Nurses (Anesthetists, Trauma and Theatre).
- Law (Prosecutors, Magistrates, Trial or Litigation Lawyers, Environmental Lawyers, Property or Real Estate Lawyers and Administrative Lawyers).
- Chaplains (Ordained Ministers).
- Botswana citizens, both males and females (with no dual citizenship).
- Should be in possession of a valid National ID card (Omang).
- Aged under 40 years.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- No adverse criminal records.
- Minimum height of 165 cm for males and 160 cm for females.
- Minimum body weight of 55 Kg for males and 45 Kg for females.
- All candidates shall undergo the selection process as prescribed under the selection process.
- Female candidates must not be pregnant at recruitment.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ work experience.
- Registered and licensed to practice with relevant statutory bodies.
- Chaplains should also be ecclesiastically endorsed.
NB: Botswana Defence Force has established Mobile Recruitment Centres in the following areas; Gantsi, Maun, Francistown, Palapye and Gaborone as the Main Centre. It is therefore compulsory that candidates indicate their place of preference in their applications.
KEY SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Disciplined Loyal
- Team player Trustworthy Selfless Courageous
REMUNERATION, BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES
BDF offers competitive remuneration and benefit packages commensurate with qualification over and above the following;
- Free accommodation and subsidised utilities.
- Professional and academic growth.
- Local and international exposure.
- 20% BDF allowance.
- Free advanced medical care.
All candidates will have to undergo a selection process which includes the following:
- Physical fitness assessment (2.4km run, push-ups and sit ups).
- Comprehensive medical examination in accordance with BDF Recruitment Medical Standards.
- Aptitude test, interviews and group tests.
Successful candidates shall undergo 6 months Specialist Officer Cadet Basic Military Training before commissioning as Officers. On completion of training, Officers must be ready to serve in various geographic locations and environmental conditions.
Certified copies of National Identity Card (Omang), relevant educational certificates/documents, transcripts, CV and references must be attached.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
ALL APPLICANTS ARE TO APPLY ONLINE USING THE LINK BELOW:
ONLY THOSE WITH CONSTRAINTS IN USING THE LINK SHALL BE ALLOWED TO SEND THEIR APPLICATIONS TO THE ADDRESS BELOW:
Botswana Defence Force
Private Bag X06
Reference: O/CDT- SEO: VAC 1/20
Closing date: 30 October 2020
Hand deliveries will not be allowed.
Only successful candidates will be shortlisted for selection.
For Enquiries call 36 62 135 / 71 373 483 / 74 735 532