To underwrite all transactions assigned, within the set standards required by the company
Approve risk selection within the boundaries of the specific product line Quote, accept and renew risks within the agreed guidelines of the service level agreement and within delegated mandates;
- Assist in placing risks that fall outside of the scope of our treaty reinsurance, into other markets locally and outside the country.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data prepared by brokers to provide approval for risk selection and acceptance, coverage and price.
- Recommend creative alternatives with regards to rating plans, coverage and payment plans
- Recommend or implement changes to improve productivity, profitability, growth and the quality of the assigned book of business.
- Ensure that policy transactions (quotes, new business, endorsements, renewals, post-loss, cancellations) tie issued and changes are recorded acci*ately and in a timely manner by rating and/or capturing transactions to the core business system
- Meet goals for volume and value of quality new business quoted and written within company guidelines.
- Market intelligence: Have a sound knowledge of underwriting principles in the industry.
- Innovation Participate with management in initiatives around product development, processes, policy anti strategy
Required Qualifications: The right candidate should have a University Degree in Insurance and Risk Management and/or any business-related degree. A COP in Slrort Term is a pre-requisite. The incumbent should have 5 yetis’ experience in a similar role. An Associateship in Insurance or any other insurance-related qualification accredited by IISA or CII is an added advantage.
Specialist underwriting experience on specific lines of products offered with at least 3-5 years’ experience including:
FOR P70 we can design and write a perfect CV for you. Cover letter for P30
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76716431. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
- Product knowledge
- Industry segmentation knowledge and applicable risk exposures
- Enquiring mind – seek out additional information in order to best understand a risk before underwriting such risk
- Underwriting procedure
- Insurance terminology
- Rating principles
- Risk Management
- Market knowledge (including competitors)
- Claims procedure
- Credit Control
- Reinsurance market, reinsurance and treaties
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Interested candidates tie advised to apply in writing with a detailed CV and copies of relevant certificates to the address below:
Closing date: 3rd September. 2019