Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Botswana-Botswana
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 18/Jan/2018
Unposting Date: 01/Feb/2018
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – here for good.
We are currently looking for Risk and Control Manager who will :-
- Assist Head Governance, Risk and Controls coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and Operational Risk Management at the business unit level.
- Implement controls within the business unit to meet all regulatory and internal requirements.
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
- To be the source of reference within Banking Operations facilitating and promoting the understanding of OR and compliance requirements.
- Lead and support implementation of OR initiatives within the departments.
- Proactively communicate with the Head of Governance and Controls on Operational Risk issues. Escalate significant events to Head Governance and Controls as appropriate.
- Ensure consolidation of Operational Risk and loss reporting of the unit for the reporting to the TORF, Head Governance and Controls, Ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Design and Implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management. Ensure effectiveness of controls for compliance monitoring and risk management.
- Undertake and / or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities within Banking Operations and escalate findings and/or breaches to Head Governance and Control when they occur.
- Ensure risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Assist Head Governance and controls in the implementation of OR framework and other relevant OR initiatives.
- Could act as the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer (UMPLO), or cooperate with the UMPLO to ensure appropriate internal controls and procedure for money laundering prevention are in place and functioning as intended. Where appropriate assist in the investigation of financial crime risks.
- Identify gaps and arrange training on compliance and OR for staff.
- Ensure the risks associated with new and changed products, services and business strategy are sufficiently assessed and mitigated
- Ensure all essential Policy and Regulatory requirements are communicated and disseminated to the relevant parties in Banking Operations on a timely basis
- To be source of reference for Health and Safety issues. Ensure escalation of all incidents to Country Health & Safety Manager by Line Managers
- Coordinate and ensure implement a comprehensive Business Continuity Plan. Drive awareness on all unit staff
If you’re a bright mind with big ambitions, we’ll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling our potential.