VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 5 OF 2020
Applications are invited from suitable qualified citizens of Botswana for the following position in the National Assembly:
Vacancy: Assistant Manager (Procurement)
WE ARE STILL MAKING CVs FOR P100. COVER LETTERS FOR P50
Pay with FNB EWallet to 76981238 or Orange Money on number 76981238 or Mascom MyZaka on number com MyZaka 71431046
Whatsapp us on +26776981238?
Salary: D2 (P274, 620 – P302, 832 per annum)
Leave: 30 working days per annum
Qualifications: Degree in Purchasing and Supplies, Supplies and Materials Management, Procurement and Warehouse Management or equivalent
Experience: At least 10 years experience in Purchasing and Supplies, Supplies and Materials Management, Procurement and Warehouse Management or equivalent, 2 of which must have been served as Principal Procurement Officer I (D3) or equivalent in private or parastatal sector.
Benefits: Contributory Pension Scheme (Government pays 15% and Employee pays 5%).
Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and Employee pays 50%)
Main purpose of the Job
To direct, manage and coordinate procurement activities in accordance with procurement regulations and PPADB Act.
- Oversee the procurement process to ensure compliance with supplies regulations and cost effectiveness.
- Monitor use of stock to determine economic order levels at all times in order to avoid overstocking, stock outs and separate fast, medium and slow moving items.
- Provide professional advice on matters of procurement.
- Develop an annual master plan for material requirements for departments.
- Develop and implements storage and layout plan for supplies to ensure appropriate storage according to their nature and ease of identification.
- Undertake any other related duties as directed by management.
- Monitors contractual agreements to ensure compliance, recommends amendments and extensions to contracts and advises on contractual rights and obligations.
- Performs other related duties
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Building and managing relationships
- Delivering quality service
- Planning and execution skills
- Creativity and innovation
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Your application should include the following details:
Full name, address, date and place of birth.
Brief summary of career with duties (CV) and certified copy of Omang.
Certified copies of certificates
Three recent references (2018 onwards)
Quote the number of this vacancy circular, the post applied for and route your application through Head of Department, where applicable.
Applications should be addressed to:-
Clerk of the National Assembly
P.O. Box 240, Gaborone.
Applications should be submitted to the Records Management Unit, Office No GF 6 in the Main Parliament Building
Closing date: 05 August 2020
For further information required contact the Human Resources Unit at 3616800 / Ext 551/581
NOTICE: ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE RESPONDED TO.